Activities and Services
In the public share offering business, our teams of experienced advisers are able to take the appropriate steps to meet a diverse range of clients needs.
We provide our clients with extensive support in preparing for public offerings from devising optimal capital policies and installing internal management systems to compiling disclosure documents and preparing screening documentation.
We have assembled teams of experts in post-IPO investor relations, formulating growth strategies, and devising capital strategies and are thus well positioned to provide swift support to meet a diverse array of client needs after they list their shares.
Support for Formulating Capital Policy
Capital policy refers a company's comprehensive strategy for all the accounting items listed under shareholders' equity. This policy is formulated with due consideration for maintaining a balance between fund-raising and the interest of shareholders. After considering the target date for listing and selecting the exchange on which shares will be listed, Mizuho Securities offers assistance in formulating capital policy taking account of such issues as satisfying the criteria for raising funds and listing shares, securing a stable shareholder base following listing, maintaining liquidity of the company's shares, and equity incentives for management.
Assistance for Preparation of Management and Operating Plans
For companies to maintain stable growth, they must have a long-term vision as well as medium- to long-term management plans and specific action plans for attaining their corporate vision. After listing their shares, companies must comply with financial instruments exchange regulations that require the periodic disclosure of the outlook for their performance and other matters. The outlook for performance is important because it forms the basis for investors to make judgments when they are considering buying and/or selling the company's stock. During the examination of the company prior to listing, various matters are scrutinized from the perspective of protecting investors, including whether management and operating plans have been systematically formulated, whether the basis for these plans are reasonable and whether these plans are attainable. Matters related to budgetary control during the preparation for listing are deemed extremely important. Through meticulous verification and specific advice, we provide full support in each process from formulation and monitoring of operating plans to crucial decisions on plan modifications.
Assistance in Structuring Internal Control Systems
Companies cannot attain growth just with promising ideas and products. They must have strong operating and financial systems and operate these systems efficiently by establishing a wide range of internal control systems. Listed companies must respond to the requirements and expectations of their stakeholders (shareholders, business partners, etc.) and must structure internal systems that prevent them from betraying the interests of society in general. In addition, companies are required to disclose their basic thinking and organization with respect to corporate governance (the framework and systems they employ for ensuring disciplined corporate behavior) in their annual Securities Report (Yuka Shoken Hokokusho) and submit their Corporate Governance Report to the financial instruments exchange. In order to establish an effective governance structure befitting listed companies, we work with clients to grasp their current governance status, devise plans for improvement and reinforcement, and provide support for implementation.
IPO Underwriting League Table (Underwriting amount basis)
Total ¥ 1,578 billion
|2||Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities||334||21.2|
|3||SMBC Nikko Securities||188||11.9|
|8||Tokai Tokyo Securities||19||1.2|
- *April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016; based on the date on which terms were decided
- *Source: Prepared by Mizuho Securities based on IN Information Center data.
Milestones in Fiscal 2015
Japan Achievement Awards 2015 / 2016
- DEAL OF THE YEAR & BEST ECM DEAL:Triple ¥1.4 trillion ($12 billion) Global IPO by Japan Post, Japan Post Bank and Japan Post Insurance
2015 JAPAN DEALS OF THE YEAR
- Best IPO Deal:IPO by Japan Post, Japan Post Bank and Japan Post Insurance
<THOMSON REUTERS DealWatch>
DEALWATCH AWARDS 2015
- J-REIT Deal of the Year:LaSalle LOGIPORT REIT
BEST DEALS OF 2015
- REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUSTS:LaSalle LOGIPORT REIT
Deal of the Year 2015
- IPO the 1st Place:Japan Post
- IPO the 2nd Place:Japan Post Insurance
- IPO the 3rd Place:Japan Post Bank
Milestones in Fiscal 2014
Japan Achievement Awards 2014 / 2015
- BEST PRIVATE EQUITY DEAL:Bain Capital's exit of Skylark
2014 JAPAN DEALS OF THE YEAR
- Best IPO Deal:Recruit Holdings
<THOMSON REUTERS DealWatch>
DEALWATCH AWARDS 2014
- IPO of the Year:SEIBU HOLDINGS
BEST DEALS OF 2014
- NEW PUBLIC EQUITY ISSUES / URIDASHI Best Deal–Winner:SEIBU HOLDINGS
Deal of the Year 2014
- IPO the 1st Place:Recruit Holdings
- IPO the 4th Place:SEIBU HOLDINGS
Milestones in Fiscal 2013
Deal of the Year 2013
- IPO the 1st Place:PeptiDream
2013 JAPAN DEALS OF THE YEAR
- Best IPO Deal:Suntory Beverage & Food
JAPAN DEAL AWARDS 2013
- BEST IPO:Suntory Beverage & Food's IPO
BEST DEALS OF 2013
- NEW PUBLIC EQUITY ISSUES/URIDASHI Best Deal–Runner–up:PeptiDream
- REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUSTS Best Deal–Winner:Hulic Reit
- REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUSTS Best Deal–Runner–up:AEON REIT Investment
<THOMSON REUTERS DealWatch>
DEALWATCH AWARDS 2013
- REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUSTS J–REIT of the Year:Hulic Reit
Japan Achievement Awards 2013 / 2014
- BEST ECM DEAL:Suntory Beverage & Food's $3.965 billion IPO
We also provide corporate clients with IPO support.
- Mizuho Securities Principal Investment Co., Ltd.
MSPI is intimately and consistently involved in working with venture companies to prepare them for a public listing, from identifying promising entities to providing them with consulting.
Neostella Capital is the venture capital company for increasing the value of the investee companies.